2 - tablespoons butter or margarine
1 - small onionm chopped
2 - cup chicken broth
3 - medium potatoes, peeled and finely chopped (about 2 cups)
1 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon ground white pepper
2 - medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
2 - cups milk
1 - cup half-and-half
1/4 - cup sour cream
Garnish: shreds of cucumber peel
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add onioin. Cook, stirring constantly, until tender. Add chicken broth and next 3 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes.
- Add chopped cucumber and milk; simmer, uncovered, 7 minutes.
- Stir half-and-half and sour cream into cucumber mixture.
- Pour one-third of soup mixture into container of an electric blender; process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Reapeat procedure twice with remainning soup mixture.
- Chill at least 2 hours. Garniish, if desired.
Yield: 7 cups.
Recipe By: Joelle Diorio
From: Orlando, Florida
Book: Southern Living