|Chicken Parmigiana Sandwich|
4 - skinned and bonned chicken brest halves
1/2 - cup milk
1/3 - cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
2 - tablespoons olive oil
4 - slices mozzarella cheese
2 - cups Marinara Sauce
4 - (6 to 7-inch) French bread rolls. sliced leghtwise and toasted
- Dip chicken in milk; dredge in bredcrumbs. Set chicken aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until hot; add chicken, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove skillet from heat.
- Top each chicken breast with a slice of mozzarella cheese; cover, and let stand 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cook Marinara Sauce in a saucepan until thoroughly heated.
- Place chicken breasts on bottom halves of rolls; spoon half of sauce over chicken, and place top halves of rolls over sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe By: Phyllis Taylor
From: Giliham, Arkansas
Book: Southern Living