Sunday, May 29, 2011
Shrimp and Cheese Omelet
2 - large eggs
1 - tablespoon water
1 - tablespoon butter or margarine
3 - tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 - cup coarsely chopped cooked shrimp
1 - tablespoon sliced green onions
2 - teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
Garnishes: Whole shrimp, green onion
- Whisk together eggs and 1 tablespoon water, set aside
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add butter, and rotate pan to coat. Add egg mixture. As mixture starts to cook, gently lift edges of omelet with a spatula, and tilt pan so that uncooked portion flows underneath.
- Sprinkle half of omelet with cheese and next 3 ingredients, fold in half. Transfer to a serving plate, garnish if desired. Serve immediately
Yield: 1 serving
Note: TO reduce fat and cholesterol, 1/2 cup egg substitute and 1 egg white, vegetable cooking spray, and reduced-fat Monterey Jack Cheese may be substituted for eggs, butter, and cheese.
* Always begin with eggs at room temperature
* Omelets cook quickly, so have all ingredients ready.
* Begin with a heated nonstick omelet pan or skillet
* Don't overcook the omelet