5 - (1.4-ounce) toffee flavored candy bars
3/4 - cup sugar
1/2 - cup whipping cream
1/4 - cup light corn syrup
2 - tablespoons butter or margarine
- fresh strawberries
- sour cream
Garnish: fresh mint sprig
- Position knife blade in food processor bowl, add candy bars. Process until finely crushed. Set aside
- Combine sugar, whipping cream corn syrup, and butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, add crushed candy, stirring until smooth.
- Serve sauce with strawberries and sour cream.
Garnish: If desired
Yield: 1 2/3 cups.
Note: For a thinner sauce, stir in additional whipping cream.