|Spiced Peach Salad|
4 - oranges
1 - (22-ounce) jar pickled peaches, undrained
1 - (16 1/2-ounce) can pitted sweet Royal Ann cherries, undrained
1 - (6-ounce) package lemon flavored gelatin
1 - cup boiling water
1 - cup chopped pecans
- Lettuce leaves
- Peel and section oranges over a bowl, reserving any juice. Chop orange sections, set aside
- Drain peaches and cherries, reserving juices. Remove pits from peaches, chop peaches and cherries, and set aside
- Combine reserved fruit juice, add enough water to make 3 cups liquid. Set aside
- Combine gelatin and boiling water in a large bowl, stirring until gelatin fruit juice mixture, and chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white.
- Fold fruit and chopped pecans into gelatin mixture. Spoon mixture into a lightly oiled 7-cup mold. Cover and chill until firm.
- Unmold gelatin salad onto a lettuce-lined plate for serving.
Yield: 14 to 16 servings.
Recipe By: Brenda H. Rohe
From: Charlotte, North Carolina
Book: Southern Living