1 - medium onion, sliced
8 - cloves garlic, minced
1/4 - cup olive oil
1/2 - cup orange juice
1/3 - cup fresh lime juice
3 - tablespoons Chablis or other dry white wine *
1 - teaspoon sugar
1 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon pepper
1 - teaspoon white vinegar
1 - (3- to 3 1/2-pound) broiler fryer
Garnishes: lime slices,orange slices, fresh cilantro
- Cook onion and garlic in olive oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Ass orange juice and next 6 ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil. remove from heat, and cool. Reserve 1/4 cup marinade, and refrigerate.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish or a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag. Pour remaining marinade over chicken. Cover or seal, and refrigerate 8 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, and discard marinade. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel. Place chicken on a lightly greased rack, and place rack in a broiler pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 350 degrees, and bake 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting with reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
- Cover chicken with aluminium foil after 1 hour to prevent excessive browning. Place chicken on a large serving platter, and garnish, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
* 3 tablespoons chicken broth may be substituted
Recipe By: Sue Bone
From: Winter Park, Florida
Book: Southern Living