|Marinated Rack of Lamb|
My family wouldn't eat lamb until I started marinating it. My mixture of vermouth and Dale's seasoning sauce works like magic.
4 - (6 to 8 rib) lamb rib roasts, trimmed (about 8 pounds)
1 - cup dry white vermouth
1 - cup Dale's seasoning sauce*
3 - tablespoons garlic powder
2 - tablespoons dry Italian seasoning
Garnish: Fresh parsley sprigs
- Place lamb in a large shallow dish or large, heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bags.
- Combine vermouth and next 3 ingredients, pour 1 cup marinade over lamb. Reserve remaining marinade, refrigerate. Cover dish or seal bags, and refrigerate 8 hours, turning lamb frequently.
- Remove meat from marinade, discarding marinade Place lambm fat side up, on a rack in s shallow roasting pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 150 degrees (medium-rare), basting often with reserved marinade.
Garnish: If desired.
Yield: 12 servings
* 1 cup any brand of soy sauce-based marinade may substituted.
NOTE: Remove lamb from oven at 160 degrees if you desire medium doneness.
Recipe By: Joelle Diorio
From: Orlando, Florida
Book: Southern Living