|Apricot Apple Crumb Tart|
2 - (6-ounce) packages dried apricot halves
1 - (8-ounce) package dried apples*
3 - cups water
1/4 - tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/2 - (15-ounce) package refrigrated piecrusts
1 - teaspoon all-purpose flour
1/2 - cup all-purpose flour
1/2 - cup sugar
1/4 - cup butter or margarine
- Ice cream or sweetened whipped cream
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large saucepan, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon flour, stir into fruit mixture. Set aside
- Unroll pie crust, and press out fold lines. Fit into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch tart pan, sprinkle with 1 teaspoon flour. Spoon fruit mixture into prepared pastry shell.
- Combine 1/2 cup flour and 1/2 cup sugar, cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumby. Sprinkle mixture over tart.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes, reduce temperature to 350 degrees, and bake 35 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve within 12 hours with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, if desired
Yield: one 9-ince tart.
* 1 (6-ounce) package dried apricot halves may be substituted for a tarter dessert.
Recipe By: Joelle Diorio
From: Orlando, Florida
Book: Southern Living