1 - cup creamy peanut butter
1 - (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 - cup sugar
1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 - cup whipping cream, whipped
24 - chocolate wafers
3 - (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate, melted
1/4 - cup milk
- Chocolate Sauce
- Beat first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, fold in whipped cream. reserve 1/2 cup peanut butter mixture.
- Pipe or spoon one fourth of remaining peanut butter mixture evenly onto 6 chocolate wafers. Top each with a second chocolate wafer, pipe or spoon another fourth of peanut butter mixture evenly onto the wafers. Repeat procedure with a third wafer and another fourth of peanut butter mixture, and top with remaining wafers. Pipe or dollop with remaining fourth of peanut butter mixture, refrigerate
- Spoon melted chocolate into a heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag, seal. Snip a tiny hole in 1 corner of bag. Pipe melted chocolate to form an overlapping leaf design onto 6 plates. Chill plates until chocolate is firm. For each chocolate garnish, pipe remaining melted chocolate onto wax paper in overlapping leaf designs, chill until chocolate is firm
- Combine 1/2 cup reserved peanut butter mixture and milk
- Spoon peanut butter mixture and Chocolate Sauce inside piped design on prepared plates. Use a wooden pick to spread sauces to edges of the leaves. Arrange napoleons on plates. Top each napoleon with chocolate garnish. Serve immediately
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 - cup whipping cream
2 - tablespoons sugar
3 - (1-ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
1/2 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine whipping cream and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate, and cook, stirring until it melts. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
Yield: 3/4 cup
NAPOLEON KNOW HOW
Peanut butter and chocolate napoleon use commercial cookies, so you don't even have to turn on your oven. To make the cookies for Berry Napoleons, just drop spoonfuls of batter onto a baking sheet and bake. Blueberry-Lemon Napoleons use frozen puff pastry, which is as easy to bake as canned biscuits.
To make the decorated plates for Peanut Butter and Chocolate Napoleons, pipe melted chocolate ot form overlapping leaves on individual serving plates. Spoon small amounts of chocolate sauce and peanut butter mixture inside the leaf designs. Then use a wooden pick to spread the sauce to the edges of the leaves.
For the chocolate garnish on top, pipe three small overlapping leaf desings onto wax paper. Chill the designs for a few minutes, and peel away the paper.