|Hot Spicy Grouper|
4 - (4-ounce) grouper or snapper fillet
1/4 - cup lemon juice
2 - tablespoons water
2 - tablespoons hot sauce
1 - tablespoon vegetable oil
2 - teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
1/2 - teaspoon salt
- vegetable cooking spray
1 - tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
1 - tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place grouper in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine lemon juice and next 5 ingredients; divide in half. Cover and refrigerate 1 portion. Pour remaining portion over fish, turning to coat. Cover with aluminum foil.
- Refrigerate fillets 1 hour; turning fish occasionally.
- Remove fish from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Arrange fish in a single layer in a grill basket coated with cooking spray. Cook, covered with grill lid, over hot coals 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting with remaining marinade.
- Transfer fish to a serving plate; sprinkle with sesame seeds and parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe By: Phyllis Taylor
From: Giliham, Arkansas
Book: Southern Living