- Vegetable cooking spray
1 - (18.5-ounce) package 97% fat-free devil's food cake mix
3 - egg whites
1 3/4 - cups water
1 - (2.6-ounce) package whipped topping mix
2/3 - tablespoons green creme de menthe
- Coat a 15- x10- x 1-inch jellyroll pan with cooking spray; line with wax paper, and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, egg whites, and water in large mixing bowl; beat at high speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10minutes. Invert onto wire rack.
- Carefully remove wax paper (cake will be very tender); cool completely. cut cake crosswise into thrids.
- Combine 2 envelopes whipped topping mix, milk, and creme de menthe in a mixing bowl; beat at high speed with an electric mixer 4 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- Spread topping between layer, reserving 1/2 cup. Pipe or dollop reserved topping on top of cake. Chill at least 2 hours, or freeze, if desired.
Yield: 12 servings
LOVE PER SERVING:
Calories 204 (14% from fat)
Fat 3g (0g saturated)