1 1/2 - pounds farm-raised catfish fillet*
1 - large egg, lightly beaten
2 - tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
1 - tablespoon prepared mustard
1 - tablespoon butter or margarine melted
1 - teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
3/4 - teaspoon salt
1/2 - teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 - teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 - teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 - teaspoon ground red pepper
3/4 - cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- Vegetable oil
Garnishes: lemon wedge, fresh flat-leaf parsley sprig
commercial tartar sauce or cocktail sauce
- Arrange catfish in a lightly greased 13 x 9- x 2-inch baking dish; covered by aluminium foil, and at 400 degree Celsius for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with fork. drain and flake.
- Combine egg and next 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in fish.
- Shape into 8 (2 1/2-inch) patties, coat with crushed cereal.place patties paper towels, refrigerate 1 hour.
- Pour oil to depth of 1/2 inch into a large skillet. fry patties in hot oil over medium heat about 2 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Garnish, If desired. Serve with commercial sauce.
Yield: 4 servings.
* 1 1/2 pounds trout may be substituted for catfish.
Recipe By: Brenda H. Rohe
From: Charlotte, North Carolina
Book: Southern Living