|Blue Cheese Chicken Salad|
4 - (4-ounce) skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- Vegetable cooking spray
2 - teaspoon dried dillweed
1/4 - teaspoon salt
1/4 - teaspoon ground white pepper
6 - cups romaine lettuce, torn
1 - medium cucumber, thinly sliced
1 - small green pepper, cut into thin rings
2 - slices purple onion, separated into rings
2 - tablespoon olive oil
1 - tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 - tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 - tablespoon grated onion
2 - medium tomatoes, cut into eighths
2 - tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
Garnish: carrot curls
- Coat both sides of chicken with cooking spray, sprinkle evenly with dillweed, salt, and white pepper.
- Place a seasoned cast-iron skillet over high heat until hot, add chicken, and brown on both sides. Place skillet in a 350 degrees oven, and bake 10 minutes. Cut chicken into thin diagonal slices.
- Combine lettuce and next 3 ingredients. set aside
- Combine olive oil and next 3 ingredients, pour over lettuce mixture, and toss gently. Divide onto plates.
- Arrange chicken slices and tomato wedges evenly on lettuce. Sprinkle evenly with blue cheese.
Garnish: if desired
Yield: 4 servings.
LOVE PER SERVING:
Calories 252 (46% from fat)
Fat 12.8g (3.9g saturated)
Recipe By: Phyllis Taylor
From: Giliham, Arkansas
Book: Southern Living