|Easy Pork Parmigiana|
1 - large egg
1 - tablespoon water
2 - tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 - cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
4 - (1 1/4-inch-thick) slices pork tenderloin (about 8-ounces)
2 - tablespoons vegetable oil
1 - cup commercial spaghetti sauce
1/2 - cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Combine egg and water; set aside
- Combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs; set aside
- Place each piece of pork between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip pork in egg mixture, and dredge in crumb mixture.
- Cook pork slice in oil in a large skillet over medium heat just until browned, turning once. Arrange pork in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; top with spaghetti sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 additional minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe By: Joelle Diorio
From: Orlando, Florida
Book: Southern Living